Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 25: a new project (quick!)

I need to make more things for babies! I bought the yarn TODAY, on my way to game, and would have finished both booties and left them with Lisa to put on her new baby Aurora as soon as she's born (C-section scheduled for Friday), but I forgot the yarn needle, so I couldn't sew them up until I got home.

So this is before sewing them up:


And this is the finished product, and the picture's not a close-up, because for whatever reason I could NOT get a clear picture close up.
Click on it to enlarge. I WILL get pictures of Aurora wearing the booties when that happens, sohopefully that will be a better picture.


And I still have tons more yarn. I'm trying to decide if Aurora needs more booties, or if I should maybe do a hat? Hmmm ... maybe if I find another pattern, because then she can have multiple booties, and they're the same color, but they'd look different. I would also do a hat, and maybe I should ask Lisa if there's anything else Aurora would need/want ...

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! And I love the color. Making things for babies is so nice, because not only do they look adorable in them, but the projects are also a lot smaller. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true! I can make so many things with one skein of yarn!
    And fortunately, Lisa loved the color, too. I saw the yarn and fell in love instantly, but I had just read Lisa's 25 Random Things thing on Facebook, where she talked about being extremely OCD about colors as a child (like, she decided which colors were "married" to other colors, etc., so I was worried this version of purple might clash with whatever purple she had chosen ... )

    ReplyDelete