Saturday, January 24, 2009

Day 24: new friends

Today I met/hung out with my new friend Jen and her kids who are adorable.
I went to Craigslist in search of more female friends, because I felt like I was drowning in male friends (I love all my male friends, dearly, but female friends are very valuable), and that's how I met Jen, who is awesome. And we got together today to wander around Pagan stores, and other similar places.
Again, I forgot my camera, so I don't have a picture of Jen, or of Steven (who owns my favorite Pagan store around here), so I took a picture instead of what I bought at Spellbound (Steven's Pagan store):


They're Ogham (pronounced OH-am) "tiles" ... usually Ogham (a Celtic divinatory system, based on trees) is done in sticks, but these are rune-like ... and they were made by a good friend of mine, who is in the Druid group I was a part of for a while (Steven runs it, and Rae (Day 22) was also in it with me) ... so that's NEAT.
The "tile" to the left of the bag, and not touching anything, that's Rowan, one of the sacred trees of the Druids/Ogham system.

2 comments:

  1. Those are really cool! And that's awesome, you're a sacred tree! I love Pagan things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the reasons I like my name so much ... the other reason is that 'Rowan' basically means 'red', and the word for 'red' in most languages is also the same or has a similar root to the words for 'spirit' and 'blood'--and 'blood', especially sacred blood, is menstrual blood.

    ReplyDelete