Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 29: because i'm always freezing (a mini-project)

While searching for patterns for baby-mittens for Aurora, and practicing cables (upon finding a pattern that I'm actually not going to use, because it was for 6 mos-1 year, and Aurora's a newborn ... and apparently my tension is really loose, because I did not alter the pattern one bit, except to end early, and they fit my wrists ... ), I made wristwarmers!
Actually, it's less that I'm always freezing, and more that I read that legwarmers were originally only worn by dancers, etc, to keep their leg muscles warmed up, so they didn't injure themselves ... and I'm a writer, so I need to keep my arms/wrists warmed up for all the mad typing I do!

Both wristwarmers. Unfortunately, I needed one hand to take the picture ...


A close-up of the cables on the better (aka second) wristwarmer. I'm very proud of myself, I figured out how to do this from poorly written instructions and a video showing me how to do something else ...


And, somehow, I lost the better wristwarmer! At Smith's, I think. :(
But they're so quick (I made both in one evening) and take so little yarn, I may take the crappier one apart and remake it and make another.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, you lost it! Sad! Every time I see you I really want to better learn how to knit, especially since I've been crocheting so much lately that I want to try something new. Well, anyway, I think they look really good. :)

    ReplyDelete