Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 16: cool things seen outside

So, I was driving around a lot in Utah County today, and, having a bit more free time than usual, I stopped to take a few pictures. So, here we go.
Snowy, misty, sun-shiny mountains:


Misty sun and trees:


This is way cool. This can be seen on the way to Amia's school. This first picture is for scale. Yes, it's as tall as a house:


A close-up of the ice-castle:

I wish I'd been able to get closer, but they had rope around it, and I could imagine they didn't want anyone climbing it, so ...

And this is my family's cat, Dudley. He's SOOOO cute and friendly. See his hugely fluffy coat; it's his winter coat. He's very soft, and he loves people, and he's gorgeous. I call him Dudders, mostly, after Dudley Dursley:


And these are my little sister's guinea pigs. The biggest one (on the lower left) is the male, and his name is Nickel, and the one on the lower right is the female, named Patches.
The two little ones are the most recent babies, and Patches is their mother and grandmother, and Nickel is their grandfather ... their daddy got a new home recently. (Nickel has been neutered.)


Since I now have a job, I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to take these guys home once they're ready to leave their mommy. (Having a job means money to buy them food and stuff.)
We don't know their genders yet, but the one with black around her eyes is going to be Panda (or Bai Li), and I don't have a name for the other yet.
Ideas?


Anyway, busy camera day!!
Also, my stint at babysitting/chauffering is at an end (as soon as I take the car back to Highland and Dad drives me home), so I will be more on top of my updating, and I will be able to go back to practicing violin and writing every day, which I have super-slacked on. ):

2 comments:

  1. They're so cute! Rowan wants a guinea pig, but I'm happy with my rats. (that sounds odd, since I'm commenting on Rowan's blog :) ) And wow, Dudders is even fluffier than Sumo, who is our king of fluff.

    That ice castle is amazing, I love the picture that has it to scale against the house. I love that picture of the sun with the mist as well. A good picture taking day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thanks! The good picture-taking day sorta makes up for the next couple days, huh?

    ReplyDelete