Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 6: because i'm always freezing






I'm knitting legwarmers! I found the yarn (100% wool, by the way, which makes me SOOO happy) for 50% off, and so was able to buy two skeins for $5. Kick ass! I'm also fulfilling another of my goals with this, because I have to do ... umm, knit 1, purl 1? I forget what the stitch is called, and later I'll be doing the stockinette stitch, which is knit one row, purl one row ... so it's "fancy knitting"! (I will learn more than that this year, but still, it's a start ... I taught myself how to do the stitch I'm doing now, but I thought it HAD to be wrong, so I stopped, and forgot.)

Also, apologies for the hella blurry pictures; I didn't realize they were blurry until I stopped taking pictures and started uploading them, and at the time, I had a raging headache, and my "other" blog (that I was doing this with) was being a bitch, and so I just said, "Fuck it," and decided that it's Project 365, it's like NaNo in that it doesn't have to be good, it just has to be existant. So, my pictures exist. Woot.

1 comment:

  1. I never got to purling. . . moved on to crochet instead. But I love how in knitting everything's all tidy and lined up on the needle. . . there's my OCD kicking in again. And I completely agree with the NaNo comparison. Most of my pictures have been "there, I did it", but they're kind of moving more toward making a statement or being artsy lately (a few of them, that is).

    ReplyDelete