Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 19: a confession

Confession: I am a generalist. I also quit things often. I have learned to embrace this side of me, the ever-changing interests, the "inability to focus", but still I mourn the loss of interests as they leave me. Photography was leaving, I could tell.
So, when I was taking these pictures, I started to feel that photography-interest coming back, that interest in making beautiful things, and in paying attention to nature by capturing it in a moment.
So, I bless Project 365 for making me a photographer again.

Now, more pictures from 1100 East:
I took a picture of this earlier this month, but there was more snow. I'm interested in taking pictures of a lot of the same things, over and over, so the changes can be documented.


A bush, covered in berries. I really wish I knew what kind of bush this is.


Making use of my macro button on my camera. This is my favorite of today's batch (and possibly of the month), and will absolutely get put on my deviantART page. I'll update with the link when it's there.


One of my favorite things to do is to make use of odd angles and such.


This is kind of a nice picture, but I'm not sure where the focus is ...


So I zoomed in a bit, and now we have a picture of water! Yay! I love water!


I just love this.


Yay! Odd angles! This didn't turn out quit how I was expecting, but whatever ...


A fallen Christmas tree ...


... and again ...


... and once more ...


Whew! Eleven pictures in all, and even though I haven't really been counting, I'm pretty sure that's a record for me.
Much love to you all!!!

5 comments:

  1. The bush looks like pyrocantha. Orange berries, thorns, short scrubby leaves. The only bush like it, really.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think seven and nine are my favorites, with nine being my absolute favorite. It just looks so very cool. I also really like the ones with the berries. I love batches of naturey photography! :)

    And bah on that last post, it logged me in as Rowan for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, thanks, sweetheart! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete