Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 18: christmas popcorn

This is the airpopper I got for Christmas; whenever I pop popcorn, it's Christmas popcorn if I make it with my Christmas present.
I made popcorn today because it's soul-healing. I've been really tired and worn-out lately, and I needed that sort of thing. I watched Bones on Hulu.com, and ate popcorn and applesauce, and drank my cinnamon tea (Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy Tea Blend; it's the best tea in the world).
I also blew up the kitchen (by which I mean blew out the circuit breaker for the kitchen) by running the microwave and the airpopper at the same time. And I haven't yet found the circuit breaker that turns the kitchen on again; I flipped all the ones that were 'off', and nothing happened ... I'll have to wait till my roommate gets home ...

2 comments:

  1. I love popcorn poppers! Doing it on the stove or in the microwave isn't nearly as fun. And I had a fun experience with breakers once: one of the roommates at my dorm blew a breaker, and neither we nor the residence adviser had the key to get into the room that had the circuit breaker for our dorm in it. So we had to wait almost an entire day for maintenance to come by and get power back to half the kitchen and living quarters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that's hilarious!!
    When I first moved to Chicago, our apartment had no heat, so my sister and I had space heaters plugged in. Eventually, we had extension cords running to the other unused apartments, because whenever we had more than one space heater going at a time, the circuits blew. Or if we had a space heater and a microwave--and since we hadn't hooked up our gas yet, microwave was the only way to cook ...

    ReplyDelete